FlexRay/CAN/LIN/J1708 Network Interface with up to 8 Channels including Integrated Real-time PC for CANoe/CANalyzer/CANape
- Modular network interface with integrated real-time computer
- SSD memory and keypad for standalone operating mode
- Optimal performance for CANoe/CANalyzer/CANape real-time applications with FlexRay/CAN/LIN/J1708 bus access
- Integrated interface for analog/digital interfaces
- Minimal latency times and synchronized interfaces
- Easy to configure via USB plug & play interface
The VN8900 system is a systematically advanced development of the proven products of the XL-Interface family and can be used for a wide variety of applications. A particular focus here is on parallel access to multiple bus channels and I/Os with exacting real-time and latency requirements.
A high-performance real-time platform is created when the VN8900 Network Interface is used in combination with CANoe, CANalyzer or CANape. Its numerous use areas includes system simulations or bypassing applications with Simulink, remaining bus simulations, gateway implementations and test executions (MiniHIL) as well as simple standalone data logging.
Execution of the critical real-time configuration sections of the VN8900 enables multi-varied parallel use of the operator PC without affecting functionality of the running applications. The advantage: Even older or lower performance PCs (e.g. Netbooks) can be used as operator PCs without negatively affecting the real-time
behavior of the VN8900 system.
In addition, the VN8900 supports a standalone operating mode of the CANoe and CANalyzer application. In this mode configurations can be executed without connected to the user PC in an autarkic way in real-time.
The optional IO hardware makes it easy to access and output analog
and digital signals.
- Plug & play USB interface to the user desktop PC
- Network Interface Module:
For CAN/LIN/J1708/K-Line (only VN8970) applications, special plug-in modules are available. The proven Vector CAN/LIN/J1708piggies* are
used as bus transceivers.
- Real-time on-board PC:
The installed real-time computer consists of an energy-saving Intel ATOM 1,6 GHz processor that has quick boot time, low power requirement and integrated 4 GB program memory.
- Interface expansion:
One Ethernet and two USB master ports enable additional interfaces, e.g. Vector hardware (VN2610 for MOST, VX1000 system), GPS, mass storage, etc.
- Vector hardware time synchronization with 1 μs precision
- Analog/digital interfaces as optional IOpiggy with numerous functions.
The VN8900 consists of a base unit (VN8910A) and a plug-in module (alternatively VN8950 or VN8970)
VN8910A Single Module System (base unit)
- For insertion of one plug-in module with integrated PC processor
for executing real-time applications.
- Technical data
VN8950 CAN/LIN/J1708 Module (plug-in module)
- CAN/LIN/J1708 module with analog/digital IO Piggy expandability (IOpiggy8642).
VN8970 FlexRay/CAN/LIN/J1708 Module (plug-in module)
- FlexRay/CAN/LIN/J1708 module with analog/digital IO Piggy expandability (IOpiggy8642).
Find more information about the plug-in modules, in the product information of the plug-in modules VN8950 and VN8970.