Vector as a Partner in Car2x Development
Vector can support you in these new technologies, based on its many years of experience with development and measurement tools for communication systems in vehicles and mature software components.
CANoe, the proven development tool for simulation, monitoring and testing, now supports radio communication based on WLAN IEEE 802.11p. As a user you benefit from:
- Parallel processing of WLAN with CAN, FlexRay, Ethernet and others. This allows you to link the internal vehicle communication with external communication (to/from roadside units and other vehicles).
- Display, logging and filtering of WLAN frames
- Interpretation of different protocols such as GeoNetworking, Security Header and (defined in ASN.1) application messages
- Interactive sending of packets via the WLAN Packet Builder
- Program-controlled sending and receiving of packets by means of CAPL, including:
This lets you create simulations and test setups.
- Access to the various protocol fields
- DER/BER and PER encoding and decoding of application messages
- Generation and checking of time stamps
- Signing of packets in Tx direction and authentication of received packets
- Map display to show Road Side Units and vehicles as well as individual parameters. This produces a visual depiction of the relationships between positions, the driving situation and process sequences.
- CANoe.Car2x requires a hardware interface module for real IEEE 802.11p wireless communication. Any of a number of modules available from different manufacturers may be integrated via an open interface based on Ethernet. Examples include various modules that Vector has already used:
- Cohda Radio
- Continental CCU
- Delphi CRPU
- Denso WSU
- NEC Linkbird
continue to "CANoe.Car2x"...
Did you find this page helpful?